Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My design work and illustrations cover a wide range of subjects including children's books. I am the illustrator/designer for K. Melissa Burton's Kentucky's Capitol and Kentucky's Boone, both published by McClanahan Publishing House. http://www.kybooks.com/. For the past several years I have been the illustrator for the award winning Woody series featured weekly in more than 85 Kentucky newspapers as well as in newspapers in several additional states. One year the project won grand prize in Paris, France and have won numerous awards in the United States. The newspaper illustrations which reached close to a million readers each week and the books from the series were designed by me including cover design. The images, all under my copyright, were used in a series of children's books in addition to the newspaper series.